Thursday, January 29, 2015

PhoneGap App connect error

I hope this solves some of your problem too. If your PhoneGap app says that "Server is running" with given IP Address and port, chances are that the app is serving the files through it server well.


 I didn't need internet in my mobile device so I was working offline. However, my device when I try to connect through Phonegap Developer app in mobile device gives: "Error" .... "Time Out" message. Obviously some problem with connection? 

I connect back to mobile internet in device, but no, the problem still persists. Then I connect to my wifi network, and Problem Solved! Yes, I realised that the way it works is like a intranet. The reasons this happened was my computer and device were not in the same network, this does not have to be related to internet but just same network so that the IP address that Developer app is serving the files can be reached by device. Like simple server/client system, thats is only possible if they are in same network. Hopefully this solves few minutes of your wondering and pondering



No comments:

Post a Comment